Chapter P2 - Radiation and Life
- Download P2 checklist
- Bitesize P2 revision page
- Revision cards from funnyscience.co.uk
- Revision ppt for Radiation and Life
- StudyStack flash card activity
- Nasa's ozonewatch pages
- Practice Long Answer Questions (for P1 and P2)
- examples of LOR questions and answers from OCR
Sunburn and Ultra-Violet Radiation
The Ozone Hole
Infrared Camera Video Clips
- Infrared radiation is given out by all hot objects. "Thermal Imaging" cameras detect this infrared radiation.
Carbon Cycle, Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming
- Carbon Cycle animation US Environmental Protection Agency
- Carbon Cycle Game follow the path of an individual carbon atom
- "Climate Change: a summary of the science" produced by the Royal Society.
- Met Office Climate Change pages
- Climate Change debate summary of the Natural Environment Research Council's public debate on the topic.
- Time lapse video of ice melting watch this from 27 seconds onwards to see that ice that's floating in water does not make the water level rise when it melts.
Iain Stewart demonstrating the absorption of infra red by carbon dioxide
Try this PhET simulation to illustrate the greenhouse effect
Analogue and Digital Signals